Call (919) 493-7411 to Learn More about the 2018 VW Beetle
The 2018 Volkswagen Beetle is a Classically Stylish, Fuel-efficient Compact Car
The 2018 VW Beetle rolls out of the factory with a few upgrades and a special edition trim level, all available in a coupe or convertible body style. The 1.8L powertrain engine has been eliminated, and the 2.0L turbo-4 is exclusively available on 2018 models, which makes for a smoother ride and better performance. You still get all of the features you expect in a Beetle for sale, plus some super new safety technology, which makes the 2018 Beetle a great choice for any driver who wants a classic car with a modern touch.
What does the 2018 Beetle offer to drivers?
- The 2018 Beetle comes in several trims: the S, the Coast, the SE, and the Dune. The Dune is a taller riding version of the Beetle, but it still comes with front-wheel drive. And of course, every trim is available as a coupe or a convertible.
- The big update this year is that there is only one powertrain. Only the 2.0L turbo-4 engine is available in 2018, with a smooth 6-speed transmission and 174 horsepower, an increase over last year’s 170. The Beetle remains very efficient with both convertible and coupe models providing the same gas mileage of 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway for a combined 29 mpg.
- This year’s Beetle maintains its classic good looks, both on the exterior, which has stayed true to its iconic design, and inside where value and design work great together. The Dune looks slightly different owing to its taller ride height, and it also comes with different paint options, like sandstorm yellow.
- Naturally, the iconic design of the Beetle sacrifices a bit of inside space. While the rear seats may be a squeeze for some (leg room is limited to 31.4 inches), the front seats provide ample room for a person of average height. The trunk is also very spacious, offering 15.4 cubic feet of space or 29.9 cubic feet if you fold the rear seats down.
- Features include everything you’d expect. The base S trim comes with cloth upholstery, a 5-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker audio system. Upgrade to the Coast and you’ll get a sunroof, upgraded seats and upholstery, and heated front seats. The SE offers dual-zone climate control, VW telematics, Fender audio, and navigation.
- When it comes to safety, the Beetle is certainly up to snuff. All trims come with a standard complement of airbags, as well as a rearview camera. Blind spot monitors are also standard on the SE and Coast trims. Parking sensors come standard on the Dune and are optional on the SE.
Durham Volkswagen Has the 2018 Beetle for Sale in a Variety of Styles, Trims, and Colors
If you’re ready to shop for a new Beetle for sale, head down to Durham VW. With a wide selection of inventory and plenty of new Volkswagen Beetles in stock, you can choose the trim that’s just right for you before heading out onto the road for a test drive. And don’t forget, when you purchase your new Beetle from Durham Volkswagen, you automatically qualify for the Lifetime Warranty. Call (919) 493-7411 to learn more today, or just stop by the dealership at 3823 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd.