2018 Golf GTI
Call (919) 493-7411 to Learn More about the 2018 VW Golf GTI
The VW Golf GTI is as Good as Ever in 2018, Offering Value and Performance
Been driving around visiting dealerships in Durham looking for your next new car? Well, the Volkswagen models such as the VW Golf GTI just continue to get better and better. Building upon rave reviews from last year, the carmaker has continued to up the ante, increasing brake horsepower, offering better trims and adding more safety tech onto the Golf GTI’s 2018 model. With the Golf you get serious performance at a price point that makes other brands look like an incredibly poor value. Let’s discuss everything that the latest VW Golf GTI has to offer.
What new in 2018 for the Golf GTI?
- The 2018 Golf GTI now comes in three different trims: the S, the SE and the Autobahn trim, named after Germany’s famous speed-limit-free highways. All models come with a turbocharged 2.0L inline-four cylinder engine and a 6-speed manual transmission that offers 220 horsepower — up 20 bhp over last year.
- One might think all that power would make the GTI a gas guzzler. But the 2018 model is highly fuel efficient, getting 25 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway, for a combined 28 mpg.
- The GTI has always been a joy to drive and with an additional 20 bhp this year, it gets even better. Plus, the SE and Autobahn trims come with a limited-slip front differential and stronger brakes as standard. You won’t find better performance at this price tag.
- Not much has changed inside, so you’ll still find the same uncluttered, sensible design as last year’s model. The GTI is very comfortable at base level, but you can opt for added extras such as dual climate control or 12-way adjustable leather power seats. Heated seats are standard on all trims.
- Volkswagen has upped the ante when it comes to entertainment this year. Every model has a larger touchscreen (6.5 inches in the S, 8 inches in the SE and Autobahn). The Autobahn also comes with the Volkswagen new Discover media system, which is meant to be faster than previous iterations. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard on all trims, as are several USB ports and the VW Car-Net App-Connect smart plug system.
- Every trim comes with LED daytime running lights and taillights as standard, while the SE and Autobahn get the full LED treatment.
- Safety is one of the major upgrades this year. The SE and Autobahn models come with forward collision warning and front and rear automated emergency braking as standard. The Autobahn also has front and rear parking sensors, self-parking capability and lane departure warning. And all trim levels come loaded with Side Curtain Protection airbags, automatic locking feature, and Intelligent Crash Response System.
- Volkswagen has also upped the warranty for 2018 models, offering a generous 6-year, 72,000 mile limited warranty on all Golf GTIs. And Durham Volkswagen goes a step further by offering a Lifetime Warranty on every new Golf GTI and every other new Volkswagen sold.
Your Brand New VW is at Durham Volkswagen just Waiting for You
Now that you’ve read all of this great news, you may be eager to get your hands on the new GTI. The good news is you can head just down the road to Durham Volkswagen to get up close and personal and explore all the GTI has to offer. Size it up in the showroom before hitting the road to really see what the new Golf GTI can do. You won’t be disappointed. And after you’ve bought your new GTI, if you need maintenance on your new VW, this Durham NC dealership offers a stellar service department with a friendly staff, comfortable lounge area, kids play room, and free coffee while you wait. Drive on down to the dealership at 3823 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. for your test drive, or call (919) 493-7411 to schedule an appointment.