Call (919) 493-7411 to Learn More about the 2018 VW Jetta
An upgraded Jetta proves a sensible option for the discerning car buyer
The 2018 Volkswagen Jetta is the compact sedan with a lot to offer. A comfortable, roomy interior, powerful engine, sensible design, and excellent safety features make it an easy choice for anyone browsing Durham dealerships looking for a great sedan. Here’s what you can expect from the 2018 edition of this Volkswagen staple.
Highlights of the 2018 Volkswagen Jetta:
- The Jetta is available in a number of trims in 2018. These include the S, Wolfsburg edition, SE, SE Sport, SEL, and GLI. Both the Wolfsburg (home of VWs German factory) and the SE Sport are new additions to the lineup this year.
- The three most basic models (S, SE and Wolfsburg) come with a turbocharged 1.4L inline-4 cylinder engine that offers 150 brake horsepower (bhp) and 184 lb.-ft. of torque through a 5-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission is also available. The SE Sport and SEL come with a larger 1.8L turbo-4 engine that provides 170 bhp. This engine is only available in automatic. The sportier GLI has its own engine, a 2.0L, 210 bhp turbo-4 with a six-speed dual clutch automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
- The interior is large and roomy. 38 inches of legroom and 37.2 inches of head room means plenty of room for a car full of adults, and the 15.7cubic foot trunk is capable of carrying several bags and your set of golf clubs with ease.
- The interior of the Volkswagen Jetta offers a very comfortable ride. All but the most basic S class have leatherette upholstery. The S comes with cloth seats, along with 16-inch alloy wheels, power windows and locks, Bluetooth and a 5-inch touchscreen display. Move up a trim level and you get fog lights, a leather-wrapped gear lever and adjustable lumbar support. The SE includes a moon-roof, steering wheel-based audio controls and a larger 6.3-inch touchscreen. 17-inch alloy wheels and a unique body kit are available on the SE Sport, while the SEL offers a power driver’s seat, dual-zone climate control, forward collision warnings and adaptive cruise control.
- When it comes to safety, you’re sure to feel secure in a VW Jetta. Every model comes complete with a rearview camera, stability control, six airbags, and antilock brakes. On the SE and higher versions, you’ll find blind spot monitors and rear cross-traffic alerts. Advanced features, like automatic emergency braking and adaptive cruise control, are only available on the SEL.
- Like other VW models this year, the Jetta includes a generous 6-year, 72,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty, dubbed, The People’s Warranty, that doubles the coverage offered last year and can be transferred to subsequent owners. And even better, Durham Volkswagen offers the Lifetime Warranty on every new Jetta sold, as well as any other new Volkswagen or quality used car.
None of the other Durham Dealerships will Treat You Better than Durham Volkswagen
If you’ve read all of this and you’re thinking of visiting one of the many Durham dealerships, Durham Volkswagen is the clear choice. Whether you’re looking to buy or lease, Durham VW can help you find the right Jetta and offer you a fantastic deal. And with the added bonus of the Lifetime Warranty, this dealer is the clear choice. Visit 3823 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. or call (919) 493-7411 to schedule your test drive of the 2018 Volkswagen Jetta today.