Call (919) 493-7411 to Learn More about the 2018 VW Tiguan
Once a rival for value SUVs like the Nissan Rogue and Kia Sportage, the 2018 Tiguan has been revamped to rival higher end SUVs like the BMW X1. But how does it fare in this pursuit? Quite well, actually. Despite a slight revamp, the Tiguan doesn’t forget its roots. The new 2018 builds on the old model’s strengths by offering even more efficiency and space. And with a range of engines and four models to choose from, this compact crossover offers something for every driver. Before you head down to the Durham VW dealership to test drive it, take a look at exactly what you can expect from the 2018 Tiguan.
What Are Some of the Highlights to Look for in the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan?
- The Tiguan comes with a wide range of engine capabilities, from a 1.4L gas engine that comes with 123 brake horsepower (bhp) to a monstrous 2.0L twin-turbo diesel with 237 bhp. You’ll also notice that the range is available in standard gas and diesel to suit either preference.
- This is the first Volkswagen SUV to be built with VW’s proprietary MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) architecture. This technology allows for sharper steering and a more intuitive, easy drive. It provides a smooth and comfortable ride and makes bumpy roads feel seamless. Best of all, it handles much more fluidly than some of its larger SUV rivals.
- It’s one of the largest compact crossovers, with a 185.1-inch length and third row seating — a rarity in this class.
- The 2018 Tiguan offers a more mature look, with a squared-off body style that is appealing to the eye.
- The interior has everything you need from a driving perspective. The dashboard feels high-end, with all controls within easy reach and a large 8-inch touchscreen display. Seat and steering wheel adjustments are plentiful and versatile, providing a comfy ride for drivers of any size.
- Even the entry model comes with a large touchscreen display and Bluetooth connectivity for up to two devices. And the premier models come with Satellite Navigation included, with the option to upgrade to higher spec navigation that includes Google Earth.
- Leatherette upholstery comes standard in the SE and SEL models, while the top-of-the-range SEL Premium comes equipped with real cow hide leather. Three average-sized adults can fit in the back three seats with plenty of leg room. Heated rear seats are even available if you want to keep your passengers warm and cozy.
- When it comes to safety, the Tiguan has everything you need. This includes forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring, as well as a full complement of airbags, all of which are standard. But if you want to go the extra mile for safety, an upgrade to the Driver Assistance package brings bonus features like autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, and rear traffic alerts.
Getting Your Hands on the 2018 Tiguan at Your Durham VW Dealership
Now if you’re ready to test drive the new 2018 Tiguan, be sure to visit the Durham VW dealership, so you can take advantage of the family environment, friendly staff, and excellent deals, not to mention the Lifetime Warranty that comes with your new Tiguan. Models from the base model S, to the top-of-the-line SEL Premium are available right now, so you can see it for yourself. Visit the showroom at 3823 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. or call (919) 493-7411 to schedule an appointment with a product specialist.