Best Restaurants to Visit in Durham
Durham, the “tastiest town in the South” according to Southern Living magazine, is a popular destination for anyone who loves to eat. You’ll find a truly amazing variety of restaurants from local cuisine to global fare. For a small city, it really has a lot to offer when it comes to businesses of all kinds, from shopping centers to car dealerships like Volkswagen in Durham. When you’re ready to eat, try some of these excellent restaurants.
Award Winning Food
Nana’s Restaurant. Upscale American cuisine in a fine dining atmosphere, Nana’s is ideal for special occasions and events. With an extensive wine list expertly paired with each dish, the chef intends to make your dining experience delicious.
Mateo Bar de Tapas. Small meals and appetizers melding a Spanish flair with traditional southern dishes, Mateo embodies the tapas style of dining. Along with an extensive wine list, Mateo is known for its many varieties of sherry.
Scratch. This artisan bakery offers pastries, pies, crostatas, and more. Also serving lunch, brunch, and coffee, Scratch is an important stop on any visit to Durham and a frequented spot for those lucky enough to live or work in the area.
- Alpaca. Peruvian charcoal chicken with unique sides available for dine in or take-out.
- Basan. Sushi and sake in a great location near the Durham Bulls Stadium.
- Jamaica Jamaica. Plantains, jerk chicken, and other traditional Jamaican dishes.
- Old Havana Sandwich Shop. Cuban pork sandwiches and other dishes with a farm to table ethos.
- The Palace International. East African cuisine that is truly unique, offering chicken, goat, and more.
- Super Taqueria. Authentic Mexican tacos, gorditas, and a salsa bar.
Maggiano’s Little Italy. Enjoy authentic Italian dishes, customize your own bruschetta tasting, and struggle to choose just one entrée from the long list of delicious choices.
Firebird’s Wood Fired Grill. Steak and seafood grilled over a wood fire, with colorful, flavorful cocktails and spirits to complement.
Cheesecake Factory. Typical American cuisine with a scrumptious variety of cheesecake flavors for dessert.
Bonefish Grill. Upscale cuisine in a chain restaurant that defies typical expectations.
Cracker Barrel. The Old Country Store and restaurant that offers the familiar comfort of down-home cooking.
Breweries and Craft Beers
- Fullsteam Brewery. Southern beer with unique brews like sweet potato lager made from local ingredients.
- Bull Durham Beer Co. Located inside the Durham Bulls stadium, this brewery is unique because it’s the only one of its kind in the country.
- Ponysaurus. Boasting some one-of-a-kind flavors like the Fig Saison Ale, which is just as great as its one-of-a-kind slogan: the beer beer would drink if beer could drink beer.
Buy a Volkswagen in Durham to Get Around to All of These Great Restaurants
Durham Volkswagen is a proud member of the local business community, supporting other small businesses in the area. Restaurants are a crucial part of the culture in Durham, feeding locals and drawing visitors to the area. If you are in the market for a new or used Volkswagen in Durham, you’ll find plenty of inventory at competitive prices, and a good inventory of gently used vehicles of other makes and models. Call (919) 493-7411 or visit Durham Volkswagen at 3823 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd.