Getting to Know Raleigh NC
The capital of North Carolina, the heart of the state, Raleigh is a truly unique city. Not only does it house the legislature, it’s close to beaches and mountains, part of the research triangle and so much more. Here in this southern city made up of people from around the globe, you’ll find a melting pot of cultures. The result: delicious food, spectacular arts, and lots of opportunity for entertainment. Raleigh is also a great place to live and raise a family with top notch schools, career opportunities, and housing developments.
People come to Raleigh, NC, for:
- Shopping. From small clothing shops showcasing local fashions to Crabtree Valley Mall, you are sure to find plenty of eye-catching bargains. Car shoppers come looking for a dealership in Raleigh, NC, with great deals on new and preowned Volkswagen and other top makes and models.
- Research Triangle. Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham make up an area of science and technology known as the research triangle. With NC State, UNC, and Duke all in close proximity, there are always career opportunities for people in the science and medical fields.
- The Arts. Live music can be found around town; one popular venue being Kings. Visit the warehouse district for art galleries such as CAM (Contemporary Art Museum). The Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts holds plays, musicals, concerts and more.
- NCAA Basketball. One of the biggest draws to Raleigh is college basketball. Duke, UNC, and NC State are some of the best college teams in the nation. Catch a game while you’re in town and watch for these teams in the finals. Be well informed for when it’s time to fill out your bracket.
- Parks. Pullen Park, the first public park in North Carolina, is still drawing visitors who are intrigued by the Dentzel Carousel that dates back to 1911. William B. Umstead State Park offers 22 miles of hiking trails, opportunities for paddling and fishing, and an array of local wildlife in their natural habitats. These parks and more give Raleigh visitors and residents alike a place to enjoy the natural beauty of the outdoors.
- History. Historic Yates Mill County Park accurately portrays the agricultural history of Raleigh with a working grist mill. The NC Executive mansion was built in 1891 and houses the governor and family.
- Activities for kids. Marbles children’s museum, the NC Museum of Natural History, and many playgrounds and parks in Raleigh make it an ideal place for kids to play, learn, and let their creativity shine.
Experience Raleigh, NC, and Find Your True Home
You may come to Raleigh as a visitor your first time, but once you walk the streets, eat the food, and take in the sights, you’re sure to feel at home. Whether you make it your permanent home or just a home you like to visit again and again, you become a part of Raleigh and Raleigh becomes a part of you. The city is known for being a great place for business, such as Durham Volkswagen dealership just minutes from Raleigh, NC, and other local businesses. Budding entrepreneurs looking for an ideal start-up location will find that Raleigh fits the bill. If you’re new in town and looking for a new or preowned Volkswagen or other make or model, visit Durham Volkswagen on 3823 Chapel Hill Blvd in Durham or call (919) 493-7411.